Search This Blog

Sunday, 9 December 2018

Maths E-portfolio Sample Term 4 2018


Maths, E-portfolio Sample
  1. Use two different strategies to solve the following problem:


To get a ‘Great Achievement” award, Rob needs to swim 94 lengths of the swimming pool. If he has already swum 69 lengths
, how many more lengths of the swimming pool does he need to swim to get his award?


Strategy One is called... Tidy Number                                                Answer: 25
94-69
94-70=26
26-1=25

Strategy Two is called... Place Value                                                 Answer: 25
94-69=
94-60=34
34-9=25


The KNOWLEDGE I needed to solve this problem included…The knowledge I needed to solve this problem is knowing my
times table. I also needed to know how to add kinda big numbers together.


  1. Use two different strategies to solve the following problem:


A netball team enters a tournament. The tournament costs $16 per person. If there are 9 people in the team, how much will the
team pay in total?


Strategy One is called...  Place Value                                                Answer: 144
16x9=
10x9=90
6x9=54
90+54=144
Strategy Two is called... Tidy Numbers                                                    Answer: 144
16x9=
16x10=160

160-16=144
The KNOWLEDGE I needed to solve this problem included…knowing your multiplication and subtraction.


  1. Use two different strategies to solve the following problem:


Ye Lin is helping clean up her local beach. She and her classmates collect 24 bags of rubbish in total. 8 of the bags are filled
with only plastic. What fraction of the total number of filled bags is this?


Strategy One is called... Prior knowledge                                                     Answer: 1/3
8/24 simplify 1/3
Strategy Two is called...halving                                                     Answer: 1/3
8/24
4/12
2/6
1/3
The KNOWLEDGE I needed to solve this problem included…the knowledge I needed to solve this problem was know how
to simplify numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment